Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Band of Brothers is Classic

Post contributed by Noah Schmidt

Years ago I was introduced to Band of Brothers by my buddy Scott. We watched the whole mini series at his house since at the time he had just had his satellite dish installation done and I was a starving student. I have since bought the DVDs because to this day this has remained my favorite series of all time. The sets were out of this world good and the production value was top-notch. Never before or after have I seen a more believable representation of the events of World War II. For anyone unfamiliar with Band of Brothers, it tells the story of the Army's Easy Company led by Major Winters. The soldiers were all based on actual members of the company. I don't want to spoil it, but since it's based on reality, the characters in the mini series meet the same fate as they did in real life, so like the war, it's not always (or very often) very rosy, but it's a great taste of history. I'm sure there's a fair amount of artistic license, but the major characters and battles are accurate (don't quote me, I am a bit rusty, but I think that's right.) I'm thinking it's time to pull those out and watch again, after 5 or 6 times through they're still not old.

No comments:

Bluebird

Again, watching my backyard birds this morning. And as I was watching a small cutie pie Bluebird passed the window. I grabbed my camera and ...

Labels