Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October the month of Rosary

When I was young I was already exposed to the rosary, from the prayers and from what it looks like. But by then I don't take it seriously nor looked at it closely I just happened to see it carried by my Nanay and Mama in going to the church, I happened so see it in our altar besides the pictures of saints and Jesus or statues I also happened to notice that they pray in accordance to the beads everytime they move their fingers. But as I have said I didn't take noticed of all of this things.
When I was in high school I didn't pray the rosary either but I saw my mama pray with it. Every All saints or All souls day we pray for the souls with the rosary, when their is a death anniversary me and my mom pray the rosary. I was exposed at it in a long time.
But when I started to asked, to explore, to study more of my faith and church it was then that I knew how beautiful the rosary in our life. With the exposure of my younger age and the teaching of my mama I come to realize that this is the "thing" that will hold me sane in this chaotic life and it did. Me and my siblings become orphaned in our young age, where do you think I go for strength, it is by praying the rosary, going to mass and adoring the Blessed Sacrament.
I couldn't say that I don't skip in my prayer time, heck I do slip from time to time, but I don't stop praying. This month is offered for the month of Rosary I vow to pray for it everyday and offer my family, relatives, friends, neighbors, our government, our church to God with the intercession of the Blessed Mother Mary and all the saints and souls in heaven.
1Thessalonians 5:16-18 = Be joyful always, pray at all times, be thankful in all circumstances. This is what God wants from you in your life in union with Christ Jesus.
Here is a site the might help ROSARY

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such a good soul Kim and thats why I like coming to visit in here. What you described is similar to what I saw with my own mother and how really what mothers do influence so much of who we are and our faith. That is why I try for my own daughters to give them example so that when they are grown, they will know how to pray, how to pray the rosary, how to have faith, and to always try to be holy. Even if no one is perfect and we all sin, I want my kids to have a concience and faith just like you and I to know right from wrong. Good post Kim!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kay thanks...this is what I also like to instill my nieces and nephew. I know for now they don't see or find the value of it (like me before) but with constant guidance, witnessing and teaching they will and I have faith on that. I don't believe that God created a bad person by heart for we are created in His image and likeness diba?

Bluebird

Again, watching my backyard birds this morning. And as I was watching a small cutie pie Bluebird passed the window. I grabbed my camera and ...

Labels