Saturday, July 16, 2011

Ridiculous Fun with the Jersey shore

Guest post from: Natalie Walter

"The Jersey Shore" is by far one of my favorite new cabletelevision.net. The show follows the lives of a group of young roommates who are adherents to the "guido/guidette" life-style and culture.
The main stars of the show are extremely foolish, silly, superficial, but ultimately lovable. Their biggest concern is doing their hair properly. They like to party 24/7. They spend exorbitant amounts of money on tacky clothing and accessories. Their fights and conversations are the stuff that reality TV is made of. I especially love watching the show with friends and laughing over the ridiculousness of it all. It's a great way to relax after work.
However, despite the show's popularity, it has also received negative criticism from the Italian community. Many Italian-Americans say that the show is a bad portrayal of its culture and that they are offended by the hyper-stereotypical behavior that the stars exhibit. The show has not been damaged by these criticisms and in fact, it has gone on to produce newer seasons.

1 comment:

George said...

I've never seen that show, but I have heard a lot about it.

Bluebird

Again, watching my backyard birds this morning. And as I was watching a small cutie pie Bluebird passed the window. I grabbed my camera and ...

Labels