Thursday, November 20, 2008

Addicted to......


Apple cider!! Yes I am addicted to apple cider now. Three years ago I don't even tried to even look at it but hubby keep on telling me why not try. And every summer when apples are ready to picked and apple cider are fresh he always asked me if I like to go to this cider mill, but I only go with him because I like to see those patches of pumpkins, apples in the crates, carameled apple etc. But this year I was hooked to it. At first we had to travel to at least 13 miles to visit an apple farm and has a cider mill too. That infact, we have a neighbor here that is just right in the corner from where our house is located. One Sunday after church, I remember we are out of apple cider so we stopped by the farm and bought a gallon of apple cider. To my surprised their apple cider is more tastier than what we used to buy. This one is not sweet though and their apple cider donut is just so yummy and not sweet too. To add it up they are .50 cents cheaper than the one we used to buy a very good deal huh? Today out of curiousity I checked the website what we could possibly get from apple cider in terms of nutrients and here is what I found.
Enjoy Apple Cider's Healthful Benefits

NEW STUDY! Apples, apple juice shown to prevent early atherosclerosis.
Click here to learn more.
Enjoying a glass of fresh apple cider or apple juice is like getting all the benefits of eating a whole apple, in a glass. Every day you brush your teeth to remove plaque buildup. Just like plaque on your teeth, LDL or “bad cholesterol” builds up in your arteries. And now, apple cider, apple juice, apples, and applesauce have been shown to help brush away some of that cholesterol.A new University of California-Davis Medical Center study shows that daily consumption of 12 ounces of apple cider or apple juice can reduce the risk of heart disease. And the benefits don’t stop there. A recent Cornell University study found that the antioxidants in apples also inhibit the growth of certain types of cancer cells.
Dr. Olga Padilla-Zakour from Cornell says that fresh apple cider is not highly filtered like typical apple juice. Cider retains much of the natural beneficial elements of a whole fresh apple. These natural elements come from antioxidants called flavonoids, which may have anti-cancer properties.

No comments:

Bluebird

Again, watching my backyard birds this morning. And as I was watching a small cutie pie Bluebird passed the window. I grabbed my camera and ...

Labels