Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Water World Wednesday

                                              Welcome to Water World Wednesday
                                                         Episode 45, Year 1

I hope it is not snowing in your area so much because here in Michigan we have snow just enough. But this morning it is windy and rainy that snow vanished instantly. The other day I took photos of icicles we had so much of those these past few days.


In the bleak midwinter Frosty wind made moan, Earth stood hard as iron, Water like a stone; Snow had fallen, snow on snow, Snow on snow, In the bleak midwinter, Long ago.







                                        Linking to Nature Footstep Waters, Watery Wednesday


13 comments:

Ebie said...

I love to see the icicles forming, but too cold to get lots of snow. Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

Those icicles are beautiful!

Hazel said...

Holy Molly I'm shivering just looking at those icicles! But they look fun to watch and I love that you captured the sun. There's hope of warmth. Rossetti got the phenomenon spot on.

Unknown said...

i like your framing here. sun and icicles---a lovely combination.

Sara Chapman in Seattle USA said...

I really love these photos of icicles. The setting sun, the wet look of the spears, the composition. Very nice.

Shey said...

Gorgeous photo with the sun and great composition.

lisa said...

I entered with the Linky tool, but it didn't show up, and it won't let me enter my link again. Hope it shows up eventually! In the meantime, I love your icicle shots against the sun!
http://www.peripheralperceptions.org/2013/02/13/its-too-early-i-know/

Leovi said...

Yes, I like this original composition with icicles at sunrise.

NatureFootstep said...

iceicles are a great object to photograph. Especially in backlight. Thanks for hosting.

eileeninmd said...

Hi Kim, I did not know you were doing a Watery meme too. Maybe next I will join in, lovely images. The sunrise shining on the icicles is pretty. thanks for sharing!

Judy said...

I love that top shot!

Anonymous said...

So pretty, Kim! Really beautiful shots =)

eden said...

Wow.. wish I can take photos of icicles...hehehe..

Great shots, Kim!

Bluebird

Again, watching my backyard birds this morning. And as I was watching a small cutie pie Bluebird passed the window. I grabbed my camera and ...

Labels