Monday, October 31, 2011

Last Day of October

Today is the last day of the month of October. Time flies so fast we are almost at the end of 2011!! I read in my daily prayer book a reflection why we sometimes think and feels that time goes so quick. It says, it is because we are too busy with our lives. Some people don't have time to stop and look at the sky, to smell the flowers, to mingle with friends and family, and the most important part is to be quite with the Lord. How many of us know about the Adoration chapel in our church.
When I was in the Philippines, I love to go to the adoration chapel and spend time just gazing at the Lord. After I pray I just set there, close my eyes and do nothing. It is hard for many of us not to think our daily problems, worries and concerns but we don't realize that by  being with the Lord every day in our life, listening to HIM and being with HIM is the secret of what is called life. So today I am so greatly thankful that God is with us all the time. Concerns, worries, problems is always there but remember Jesus told us "do not be afraid for I am with you" And so Lord through the rest of this remaining months of this year, I offer you my family, friends and relatives. Amen!



2 comments:

George said...

Thanks for a very thoughtful post. In this modern age we usually do not take time 'to smell the roses'. We really do miss a lot be ause of this.

SunnyToast said...

I also do that, I go to the church, I don't pray or say any words...I just want to be there and feel the presence of the Lord.

Bluebird

Again, watching my backyard birds this morning. And as I was watching a small cutie pie Bluebird passed the window. I grabbed my camera and ...

Labels