Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Vegetation

My brother send me this picture and my eyes popped out because I couldn't recognized this place. My brother told me that there is a new swimming pool in our town and that it is very close to a Sapa or Creek. It's very interesting to see new place in my town since I have not visited Philippines for two years now. I see lush VEGETATION around which is good and that means that people are taking care of the surroundings.

In this photo is my brother, my two nieces and nephew
 
  

In this photo is my brother and I guess children who lived in this area.

                                               This kids do live in a very simple life.
                                    
                                                                   VEGETABLES
My brother also send me these photos. In our town every Sunday the town council allows the farmers to sell their produce in a certain place for the whole day. And so the people will go to this place and bought fresh VEGETABLES and fruits from them.Their produce won't stay long because people all over town will go to this place and bought almost everything because it fresh and it's cheap.


                                     Linking this to ABC Wednesday and Watery Wednesday

17 comments:

Stef said...

I was in grade school back in Buhi Cam Sur when I experienced riding a "balsa" and selling veggies and even toys at the market. Life was so simple yet happy. Here's my entry. Thanks and see you!

Anonymous said...

delicious-looking veggies and a pleasant lifestyle.
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Anonymous said...

2 years without a visit to PI and all these changes? What about me I haven't been back in 12 years. I'd be totally lost if I go back.

LivingSoAbundantly said...

How fun! It is hard when you can't get home, but that is great that you get pictures to bring home to you! I hadn't been home in a year and a half, and pictures made it a lot easier. :)

Georgia said...

wow!! that is a wonderful blog post!! love the photos!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

The watery scenes look so peaceful and inviting!


MIST ON THE OCEAN

Mist on the ocean,
Mist on the sea,
Mist on the meadow,
Mist on the tree;

Dew on the grasses,
Dew on the rose,
Dew in the garden,
Dew on my clothes;

All of this wetness,
It’s plain to see,
Promises blessings
For you and me!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Boatman in Hawaii

sush said...

very interesting . nice shots.

janakidiary said...

I will always be proud of the natural resources we have here in the Phils. Hope people will really take care of this gift...

lina@happy family said...

Lots of fresh vegetables there!
Love seeing the watery views...so calm and peacefully :)

Thanks for dropping by, Kim...

eileeninmd said...

The watery photos look lovely Kim. A nice swimming hole for the kids. The veggies all look delicious and wonderful. I hope the rest of your week is great.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Kim,

What lovely pictures, showing the folks in your brother's homeplace. I loved them. It looks fun to swim and play where they are, and the food looks great.

Have a great weekend, I know it's early, but I may not be on here for a few days.

Hugs,

Kathy

Unknown said...

where is your hometown here? i've taken all kinds of boats but not a raft. probably an opportunity has not come up yet.:p

Rajlakshmi said...

the place looks exciting :) beautiful town

Kay L. Davies said...

Beautiful vegetation, and I love love love the photos of rafting on the creek. Wonderful.
The vegetable market looks wonderful, too.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Chubskulit Rose said...

Wow ang tagal ko ng nakasakay sa balsa hehehe.. Great shots ate.

Late Visiting for WW, here's my Watery Wednesday. Drop by when you can, thanks!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

10 pounds, fantastic.

Shady Gardener said...

One could be easily persuaded to believe that a simple lifestyle is Better in many ways. The food would be fresh and delicious. Are you able to locate a Farmer's Market near you? It's good to support people growing delicious, healthful food. :-) Your post was interesting to me and probably nostalgic for you.

Bluebird

Again, watching my backyard birds this morning. And as I was watching a small cutie pie Bluebird passed the window. I grabbed my camera and ...

Labels