Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ste. Sault Marie


This was taken two  years ago. Hubby and I went for a long drive to Upper Peninsula just to see Ste Sault Marie, Michigan. It was Fall and it's already cold but still the beauty there is awesome. But what gets my attention is how this huge ship can go further when the water is not level. But with what I saw they make an awesome job by filling the other side with water leveled to the other side. I thought it's magical but it's not. It takes time for me to comprehend but hubby explained to me in detail until I figured it out lol!

Do you see another ship is coming? And do you see a water on top and then a water down? The low leveled water will be filled up then the ship will go towards it. I asked hubby why they just have to fill it all the time? So they don't have to do all the process of filling it all the time. Hubby said that the level of water in this area is low that's why they have to do it all over again and again. It was kind of tiresome to think about it at first but when (as I've said) figured it out it makes sense! HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!
                                 This  post is linked to Watery Wednesday and Outdoor Wednesday

19 comments:

LV said...

I enjoyed the tour of this aera and some of its history. Great post.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. God's blessings.

EJ said...

Beautiful shots!

Watery Wednesday

Unknown said...

i was also amazed the first time I saw how locks work when I visited Seattle.:p an engineering marvel, so different from our locks (flood control) here.:p

Unknown said...

I know... it's kinda tiresome isn't it! Happy Thanksgiving Kim.

Light and Voices said...

This cyber tour was Ste. Sault Marie was A Ok. Happy Thanksgiving!
Joyce M

Marites said...

Considering the low level of water in that area, I think it's actually a wise move for them to do that process. Nice photo, Manang KIm! Happy thanksgiving!

Irene said...

Nice shots! And thanks for visiting!

Gunilla said...

Intresting shots.

Thanks for visiting.

Have a nice Thanksgiving.

Greetings from a place in Sweden were we have a lot of snow.

Gunilla

NatureFootstep said...

I have gone through lock a few times. It is an interesting experience.

eden said...

Lovely shots. This is an interesting place to visit. I bet you guys had a great time there.

gengen said...

Cool entry thanks for sharing. Happy WW!

Hootin Anni said...

I love, love, LOVE these photos.

Kim, may you have a blessed, and very peaceful, loving Thanksgiving!!

penny said...

Wonderful shots, Kim. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Enjoy!

Donnie said...

That was so interesting. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

lina@happy family said...

I've never seen this before. Very interesting :)
Thanks for dropping by

Tina said...

great post you have here..

www.meetngreet.net

The Colours of Life said...

Wow beautiful places.... Love it.

LakewoodDP said...

That's so neat! I enjoyed the pictures and reading about that! I remember seeing something like that once as a child. It's so amazing how it works! :)

Bluebird

Again, watching my backyard birds this morning. And as I was watching a small cutie pie Bluebird passed the window. I grabbed my camera and ...

Labels