Sunday, November 21, 2010

Men's Softball can be very competitive

Contribution by Terrance Kirby

I love the game of softball. I'm a 35-year-old man, so this might sound odd to the lay person, but softball is a fast-paced game with a lot of camaraderie. A lot of men who have never played league softball expect it would be easy, but once they get out there, they prove that it's not nearly as easy as they think. Many of these men played baseball many years ago. Just because they played baseball, they think this equates to softball success. But that's not the case at all. If they go and play in a picnic or beer league, sure, there will be a lot of errors and it will be easy to get on base. Fielding will also be easy because the balls won't be hit hard. But a true softball player plays in a league with a lot of ex-college baseball players and the softball die-hards. Believe it or not, the latter are usually the best ball players. That's because they are not attempting to use their baseball swing. They have figured out all the angles and the approaches to hitting a softball. Regardless of what type of player a person is, there is no denying that softball is much faster than baseball. You never get bored during a softball game. I play three nights per week. My routine is always the same. I get dressed, set my home security alarm(CLICK HERE), listen to my hard rock on the way to the game, and throw a little before the game begins. If you have never played men's softball, consider joining a league where you can compete at the right level and develop your own routine.

No comments:

Bluebird

Again, watching my backyard birds this morning. And as I was watching a small cutie pie Bluebird passed the window. I grabbed my camera and ...

Labels