Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Birth Dad Has Poor Taste In Movies

Thanks to Joaquin Hester
 
My birth dad visited me for the first time this past weekend. We were finally connected after 35 years. You wouldn't believe how - on a social networking site. I guess that's not so unbelievable, but I don't have an account. He contacted my wife, who has a different last name than me. I guess you can find anything if you look hard enough - or smart enough. Our weekend consisted of a lot of talking, eating, and exploring. I guess staying active keeps the nerves away. By nighttime, we felt like winding down, so I turned on movies on demand on my satellite tv from http://www.directstartv.com/directv_equipment/directv_receivers.html and searched for something that would entertain us both. After some debating over three options, we went with The Taking of Pelham 123 with John Travolta.
To make a long story short, I was not impressed with this movie. What really didn't work for me was Travolta as a bad guy. I didn't think he sold it well at all. I could tell he was acting the whole time. I want to forget it's a movie and that people are acting; I want to be completely drawn in to a movie. The good news is that my birth dad enjoyed it very much. Either that or he was just saying it to make me feel good. But I think he sincerely enjoyed it, so that made it worthwhile. That said, next time I'm picking the movie.

No comments:

Bluebird

Again, watching my backyard birds this morning. And as I was watching a small cutie pie Bluebird passed the window. I grabbed my camera and ...

Labels