The Burger Barn

My father was in town and we were going to meet at a new burger joint downtown called The Burger Barn. Ever since I found out that I had high blood pressure and an even higher cholesterol level I was trying to take the "healthy" route and take better care of the type of foods I ingested on a daily basis. But, if you eat right 90% of the time I don't think that there is anything wrong with eating what you want the other 10% of the time. So this was going to be the other 10% day. I did the yard work and fed the animals and I was ready to leave. On the way out the door after I had already set the home security alarm I got from I realized I forgot to run the dishwasher. So I had 30 seconds to run back in, hit start on the dishwasher and close the door, I made it. After arriving at the Burger Barn and making small talk with my dad we got down to business and ordered our food. I ordered a burger and fries and a shake and my dad ordered a salad. A salad? Who orders a salad at a burger barn? In the future perhaps I will be ordering salads at burger barns, as my burger was red inside and was not the well done way I requested. I was only able to stomach half my burger and a handful of fries. The chocolate shake was superb though! After our edible meal my father and I hugged each other and went our separate ways to live our separate lives.

Guest posted by Matthew Willaimson


Popular posts from this blog

MellowYellow and Blue Monday: My gifts

Watery Wednesday- Rainforest