Got this wonderful tag from Madz a Bol-anon like me. Madz, message me that I have a tag so I immediately grab it because I like the tag. The tag is about being a wife and a mother or soon to be mother. I can be a very good wife but I doubt it if I can be a soon to be a mother. For the fact that I am beyond my age but I still could see myself as a mother to my nieces and nephew. So I think I have the right to answer the parenting style because even if I am here in USA I see to it that my nieces and nephew are in their best behavior or else.... And besides before I also dream of how I am going to discipline my kids (if I have one) we also talked about it with my husband and I even found out that I am the one who is a disciplinarian but cool char!! Anyway, here are my answers to this tag.
1. Link with the person who tagged you.
2. Copy above images.
3. Post this on any or all of your Blog/s.
4. Answer the two-part questionnaire following these Rules. (Feel free to elaborate your answers. For questions 8 - 14, post only the one (1) which you believe best describes your choice.)
5. Share this with at least seven (7) friends on your Blog Roll.
6. Come back to Living A’ La Mode (DO NOT CHANGE THIS LINK PLEASE.) and leave the URL of your Post in order for you/your Blog to be added to the Master List.Master List:
7. Have Fun!
~ Parenting Style ~ (Reminder: I am basing my answer to how I discipline my nieces and nephew when I was in the Philippines so here it is.)
1. Do you exercise full or minimal control over your child’s / children’s behavior?
- I take a minimal control because I like them to be smart and sometimes let them know that if you don’t know how to control yourself you will pay the consequences.
2. Do you expect your child / children to obey 100% or let her / him / them do what pleases her / him / them?
- I want them to obey 100%!! I’ve lost my parents when I was in my 20’s and looking back I found out that all what they told me, advices me, are 100% right. I’ve never regretted a single bit on how they disciplined me although at those times I feel like I was choke hmmm part of growing up huh. And so to my pamangkins I want them to obey 100% because there are no parents who will bring their kids to devastation no one!
3. Do you welcome discussion or you simply set rules?
- I do set rules then discuss why there is a rule that is being set.
4. Do you reprimand?
- Yes I do but if it is too much and the wrong doing is being done repeatedly then punishment will be lead out.
5. Do you use spanking for punishment?
- When I was in the Philippines I did it with my pamangkin but I regretted it I don’t know I felt bad after.
6. Do you use some kind of a reward System for motivation?
- Oh yes, specially if they make high grade, do something that I could be proud of. Just a trip to Jollibee and a kiss and a hug will definitely be remembered forever.
7. Do you enjoy being a Parent?
- To my nieces and nephew I do.
8. Are you a hands-on Parent or do you have a full-time Nanny?
- In Philippines I had a nanny who take care of my pamangkins but even if I am thousands of miles away I see to it that everything is fine and well with them.
9. At what age would you let your child make simple decisions for himself / herself?
- At anytime or age. Parents are just here to guide them and show that they are valuable and loved. They have to decide of themselves at an early age.
10.Do you and your Husband have the same Parenting Style?
- We had this discussion before with my hubby, and I found out that I was the one who is a disciplinarian while hubby is the cool one. I am the one who might spank and will reprimand and hubby is the one who has the ability to talk and be cool as a means of disciplining hehehe. It was a very good discussion between us couple because we both found out how we were disciplined when we were kids too that resulted of how our parenting style is.
~ Wife Style ~
11. How long have you been married?
- Been happily married for 4 years and 4 months now but I’ve known my husband for 7 years and 4 months.
12. How do you feel about being a Wife?
- I feel great and blessed.
13. What has been your typical sleeping attire since you got married?
- A pajama’s if it is cold or shorts and a white shirt.
14. How do you show how appreciative you are of your Husband?
- I always give him a kiss, a smile, a hug and say often the words Thank you! And I often told this to him “you are the best on the west, east, north and south” and then we just laugh together.
15. What do you do when your Husband annoys you?
- I make a drama, I make faces, I also annoys him but he just laugh at me he thinks I am joking with all my antics.
1 6. You are buying or planning to buy your first house as Husband and Wife.
- We already owned a house though it is not a mansion but a decent house to live in.
17. How does your house look like at the end of the day when Hubby gets home?
- It depends on my mood but I was trained that the house should be cleaned before we go to sleep so I do cleaned it up. It is different when you are discipline to do things that you are told by your parents. I may not like to clean up kasi hapon or gabi na but it is part of me nakatatak na sa buto so I had to clean it up hehe. Though hubby told me a million times not to do it because may next day pa naman but jeez yun nga nakatatak na sa buto. But since couple lang kami with no kids around di naman mahirap dampot-dampot lang.
18. How do you feel about running a household?
- I love it!
19. What is the sweetest gift you have given your Husband so far?
- My love and my commitment to love him and cherished him forever.
Now I am passing this tag to all my friends who haven't tag yet...please grab it and let me know.