Tuesday, May 25, 2010

ABC Wednesday~S

It's ABC Wednesday once again and the letter for this week is letter S. I think one of the easiest letter of the alphabet to find photos or pictures is letter S. But it takes me a bit longer browsing my picture folder to find the appropriate photos of the letter.

1. I got here is my brother ^_^. He is into SCUBA diving and he loves it. Every time I go visit the Philippines he sees to it that we had to visit Dakak because it's the best place for scuba diving. But if I am not in the Philippines he just settled himself in going to MOAP just an hour from my hometown. He send this photo to me last March and I think his just done scuba diving with this.

2. A horse Skeleton. I took this picture at Meijers garden and sculpture two years ago. As I looked closely this is not made of horse bones ^_^ but woods. It's just amazing how a person come up with this idea and come out really good. And because that skeleton was there for quiet some time. It's moldy and worn out which give an illusion of a rotten skeleton. I find this very impressive and I hope to visit Meijers garden and Sculpture this summer.

3. Is my Summer Squash! Oh no that is not from my garden because I haven't planted anything yet. Right now hubby us plowing the spot were we could plant several veggies. But this was taken two years ago. See how healthy it is and if you noticed there is a reddish powder on top of the summer squash, well it is because Mr Woodchuck is my number 1 enemy and he eats what ever he thinks edible. So I put every vegetable and buds a  paprika powder. And it works, I harvested a lot from my garden and this year I am looking forward to buying more paprika in case Mr. Woodchuck would attack again ^_^

                                                       See more of ABC Wednesday here

16 comments:

photowannabe said...

Good pictures of your brother scuba diving and that yummy squash. Get more paprika to keep Mr. Woodchuck away...

Sylvia K said...

Great shot of your brother, I love to snorkle! And I love squash and yours look delicious! Hope your week is going well!

Sylvia

Roger Owen Green said...

I really like the "horse skeleton".

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Bettey said...

I have always wanted to go scuba diving!!! I swear I have seen the same type horse sculpture somewhere around here, but I am not sure where....

Hood Photo Blog

Vicki said...

Great photos to go along with a great post. Thanks for sharing!

Mara said...

Do you think paprika powder would work against snails as well?

Tumblewords: said...

Ah, scuba diving and squash! Wonderful. I wonder if paprika would work for other critters, varmints and garden gutting things. I might give it a try - your squash looked healthy.

anthonynorth said...

Some good pursuits there.

Beverley Baird said...

I love your choices - your brother scuba diving to skeleton and squash!
Great shots!

Verna Luga said...

you place is so ..tahimik, manang KIM... love it.

Sugba
Spit it out

Halie said...

Oh the scuba diving photo reminds me so much of how I want to go to the beach because of the extended summer here in the Philippines.

It's not warm, it's really really hot here.

Willa @ PixelMinded said...

I love the summer squash!
Dakak is so popular with so many divers, locally and tourist alike.

Jayne said...

Scuba diving must be great fun!
I'm intrigueed by the idea of using paprika on the summer squash - a very nice, natural deterrent. :)

fredamans said...

Great collection of "S"! Love the scuba shot!!!

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

Have you made fried squash blossoms with your summer squash? Great post as always!

Unknown said...

Wonderfully different S-words: scuba-diving, horse skeleton-sculpture and squash! All of them outdoors! Nice shots and great choice of S-words.
Best wishes,
Anna

Anna's S-words

Bluebird

Again, watching my backyard birds this morning. And as I was watching a small cutie pie Bluebird passed the window. I grabbed my camera and ...

Labels