Thursday, April 21, 2011

Holy Thursday...

It's Holy Thursday. In our Christian belief tonight Jesus had HIS Last Supper with his disciples and the washing of feet too. And later this evening Judas will betrayed HIM.
In the Philippines after the evening mass followed by the Eucharistic Adoration we  do Visita Iglesia. And I think it would be eight churches that we have to visit do the Adoration then after visiting eight churches all around the city and towns we  then go back to our parish church. Here in MI hubby and I will go to our parish church for evening mass then Eucharistic adoration. I so wish this tradition that I used to do in the Philippines I could do it here in the US too.

Daily Readings for:April 21, 2011
(Readings on USCCB website)

Collect: God our Father, we are gathered here to share in supper which your only Son left to his Church to reveal his love. He gave it to us when he was about to die and commanded us to celebrate it as the new and eternal sacrifice. We pray that in this Eucharist we may find the fullness of love and life. Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments:

Bluebird

Again, watching my backyard birds this morning. And as I was watching a small cutie pie Bluebird passed the window. I grabbed my camera and ...

Labels