Philippine Fault System, tectonic map and the ring of fire
After the massive earthquake in Japan with the tsunami and now the nuclear power explosion which is emitting radiation, people all over the world are so concern about earthquake fault line. Somehow our world has fault lines which some countries had the major line and some don't. And Philippines is one of the countries that is a part of what they call the Pacific ring of fire, sounds scary huh! But that is the truth.
Aside from that Philippines has major fault lines read it here and see at the map below if your town or region or province is close to a major fault line. I remember my parents told me that in 1956 my hometown had this massive earthquake. But the landscape before and now are too way different. And growing up I experienced a lot of earthquakes since in the late of 1970's.
Below is the List Of Major Fault Lines Of the Philippines.
1. Marikina Valley Fault (Montalban-San Mateo-Marikina-Pasig-Taguig-Muntinlupa-San Pedro-Binan-Carmona-Santa Rosa-Calamba-Tagaytay-Oriental Mindoro)
2. Western Philippine Fault (Luzon Sea-Mindoro Strait-Panay Gulf-Sulu Sea)
3. Eastern Philippine Fault (Philippine Sea)
4. Southern of Mindanao Fault (Moro Gulf-Celebes Sea)
5. Central Philippine Fault (Entire Ilocos Norte-Aurora-Quezon-Masbate-Eastern Leyte-Southern Leyte-Agusan Del Norte-Agusan Del Sur-Davao del Norte)
Tectonic Map of Far Northern Philippines including the Philippine Fault System
Tectonic Map of Central Philippines including the Philippine Fault System
Tectonic Map of Southern Philippines including the Philippine Fault System
Tectonic Map of Far Southern Philippines including the Philippine Fault System
Looking at it specially the map where my family lived is pretty scary. We don't need devastation of any sort, not in the Philippines or any country in the world.