Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring has sprung

Wohooo spring is here indeed. Last few days ago we had a taste of spring and boy it does makes me feel good specially when I feel the suns heat on my skin. As what one title of a poem says “Spring has sprung” and so does the trees and some bushes too. I looked at our lilac bushes the other day there buds are sprouting already. I was trimming and cutting my flowers old branches and loving every moment of it. I am experimenting something though,  I had this 3 evergreen tree in front of our house they are growing naturally pretty but I like them to spread there branches so I cut the tip of the tree and will see if it does do good than harm crossing my fingers!!I am a nature kind of person I love to plant flowers and specially trees. Last year, I tasted the fruit of my labor -wink- my peach trees that hubby and I planted few years ago bore fruit. At first it sprouts plenty of blossoming flowers but it came out to have 13 fruits but on the last time that it was ready to be picked 5 fruits remained some fell down because of the wind. And the 5 fruits that lasted and succumb to wind and everything does taste so sweet and I was so happy I have eaten already the taste of our labour char!! We planted 3 peach and 3 pear trees but unfortunately our pear trees died and so the peach remains. The other day hubby and I roamed around our property line I told him if only we planted trees the first year I came here in MI I already have trees that almost 5 years now. But it was still okay I still have many more years to come and so the planting of the trees continues. For now I have 3 peach trees, one lilac bush that I couldn't barely find hehe, 2 royal empress trees that hubby cut off with his lawn mower last year, I am hoping that this two trees are still alive and kicking lol, then my 3 evergreen trees who just got my experimenting moment syndrome hehe, 1 blueberry tree who really tried to stay alive in this complex world. Oh by the way here is the poem hubby likes to say when spring time comes:

Spring Has Sprung

Spring has sprung, the grass has ris’,
I wonder where the birdie is? 

There he is up in the sky,
He dropped some whitewash in my eye! 

I‘m alright, I won't cry,
I'm just glad that cows can't fly!

No comments:

Bluebird

Again, watching my backyard birds this morning. And as I was watching a small cutie pie Bluebird passed the window. I grabbed my camera and ...

Labels